Keith Burgun may not be a reputation you are instantly acquainted with the moment you hear it but our friend has actually created some pretty well recognized games. In fact Keith was the game designer behind 100 Rogues which lately made its way to Ouya. Well he\’s already been keeping us current regarding his latest title called Empire that is now available on Google Play.
Empire is a deck building 4X strategy sport but it isn\’t your typical CCG (Card Combat Game) style of game. Instead this is kind of a mesh in between an empire building game, a board game and a full on CCG style of game. As you progress through the game more credit cards are added to your own deck. Some will be useful creature and spell cards while others is going to be useless cards to get in your way.
– Procedurally produced worlds mean that absolutely no two games is going to be alike. Will you discover valuable mountains in order to mine military materials from? Food-rich forests which will grow your Empire rapidly?
– A unique take on the deck building system similar to those in Dominion, Puzzle Strike or Ascension. Your deck grows during the game, and it fills with both useful Action Cards, effective Spell Cards, — as well as totally useless Strife Cards. Managing your own deck is an important part to remain strong!
– Dozens of interesting tactical cards featuring excellent art from concept artist Gilles Ketting.
– A unique power grid based tactical combat system. Use your Action and Spell cards to obtain the upper hand and ruin the enemy causes!
– Unlike conventional 4X strategy video games which not only consider hours, but tend to become slow and boring late game, EMPIRE is a quick, stylish knife-fight of a game.
Combat really takes place in a tactics-style setup with your troops as well as your enemies on the arena. The other really good feature about this game is that each time you play it will be different since each world is procedurally generated.
If you\’re upward for checking out this rather unique blend of genres, you can pick up a copy of Empire off of Google Play with regard to basically $3.00. You may also check out the game in action in the video over. Many thanks to Keith for keeping us up-to-date with this mission\’s release onto Android.
Google Play Link: Empire