Written by AndrewH
There is a new turn-based strategy war sport available for Android gamers called Sword of the Superstars: Ground Pounders. Developed by Kerberos Shows, this game is actually on Kickstarter looking for funding therefore the developers can finish the sport. Unlike a lot of Kickstarter strategies where you usually don\’t have a demo or earlier build of the game to check out before deciding whether or not your wish to pledge money towards the developers, Sword of the Superstars: Ground Pounders is available to experience right now.
This game happens on a hex-based layout and it is set in the Sword of the Stars science fiction universe.? You will have various military units at your disposal, ranging from troops to tanks and aircraft, from one from the three available groups. All of this takes place throughout the Hiver War era, 2408-2436. Even though the game plays away as a turn-based strategy game, combat is done within real-time.
Sword of the Stars: Floor Pounders is actually based from the original PC sport Sword of the Stars which Kerberos Productions also created. This company was actually formed through former members of Barking Dog Studios that produced Homeworld: Cataclysm. So these guys are pretty acquainted with this genre of game.
Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders Features:
– Control one of 3 Military – Human, Tarka, and Hivers
– 80+ units covering Property, Sea, and Atmosphere forces
– Battle across unfamiliar worlds on unique battlefields, including airless moons, lava flatlands, and meteor blasted wastelands
– Seize orbital superiority and contact down Orbital Bombardment on your foes
– Build Airfields, Fortified Areas, and repair/destroy Bridges
– Improve your Unit\’s experience and abilities over 3 Playable Campaigns
– Unlock as well as collect Combat Credit cards for each playable Race
– Develop unique Combat Card Decks and tune them for specific Battles
– Select from dozens of Scenarios, usable in Skirmish Mode or Head-to-Head Multi-player Mode
– Cross-Platform Support for PC and Android-compatible devices
– Create and Trade your own Fights using Scenario as well as Unit Editors
– Enjoy a SotSdex filled with Lore details on famous Units, Personalities, Fights and Weapon Systems
This form of Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders for Android is really an Alpha build from the full game. This features only single-player content which is limited as it is an Alpha build after all. The reason for delivering this limited version is to allow people to try out the game before making a decision if they want to support the company\’s present Kickstarter campaign. The full launch will have cross-platform multiplayer in between PC and Google android gamers.
Right now the Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders Kickstarter campaign is sitting from $16,706 with an overall objective of $42,000 which will be put towards finishing the game. You can download Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders off of Google Play free of charge and if you like the sport, hop on over to their Kickstarter page and drop a couple of bucks encourage.
Google Play Link: Sword of the Stars: Ground Pounders
Kickstarter Page: Ground Pounders Kickstarter