Written by AndrewH
DotEmu has introduced today that the organization will be bringing the whole Double Dragon trilogy in order to Android by the end of this year. This means that we will quickly be able to play Dual Dragon, Double Dragon 2: The Revenge, and Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Rock on our Google android devices when DotEmu launches all of them.
For those of you not familiar with the franchise, the actual Double Dragon video games are side-scrolling brawlers with the very first game debuting in 1987 and was instantly a success the moment it strike arcades. You\’ll be going up against all the classic bad guys and their gangs using the old-fashioned martial arts moves from the original titles.
– Two game modes: \”Arcade\” (take part in the game from start to finish and go for our prime score) and \”Story\” (uncover new stages and achievements while actively playing through the game)
– Easy to customize controls
– Three difficulty levels: \”mobile\” (specially balanced for mobile games), \”original\” (like the arcade version) and \”expert\” (a real challenge!)
– Accomplishments & leaderboards Google Play Sport Service
– Choose between the original 8-bit soundtrack along with a brand-new remastered one!
– Co-op mode (two players) via bluetooth
– Gamepad support: compatible with most Android controllers
As with all revamped released from DotEmu, the Dual Dragon games will see their share associated with improvements and extra content such as new trouble levels, new stages and even a new soundtrack. All three games will also come with controller support as well which should make a lot of you happy.
So when will we be able to get all three games? Right now there is just a general \’end of the year\’ release time frame. When a more particular release date is announced, along with prices, we\’ll be sure to publish an update.
Developer Website: DotEmu